Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Cupcake Gift Card Holder

Morning. I have seen these cute little cupcakes over the internet for sometime now and have been wanting to make one forever. If you know me, you know that I LOVE cupcakes! Anything and everything...I love cupcakes. I know it's a craze all over now!  I also like to make cupcakes and eat them...oh yes!  Unfortunately I can't make and experiment with flavors as much as I would like to because if I did that I would most definitely find myself eating them and that is not a good idea,  If you know what I mean.  So for now I will just have to get by in making "pretend" cupcakes. I actually ended up taking a class at my LSS for the cupcake itself, although I tweaked the way I made this one some. I also wanted a box to put my cupcake in so I made the box.  I have LOTS of pictures....so here ya go....













I originally got this idea from Tresa Black. She is a CTMH consultant (as was I)  Then I took the class from Suzanne at my LSS. What I ended up doing is combining both of their cupcakes to make this one. Basically, I liked a little of what both of them did. Now for the details.  The paper is from SEI and CTMH.  I used about 18 ft of ribbon for the frosting, yea, it takes alot. You can also use flowers or fabric for the frosting!  The cherry is a 3/4" round bead that I painted red and immediately sprinkled glitter over it. I then took a piece of heavy twine or hemp, colored it red using my copic and strung it through the hole for the stem. I added liquid glass to hold it!  I then attached the cherry to a toothpick and attached the toothpick to a piece of cardstock that goes into the inside of the cupcake to hold a gift card.

I have to tell you, this is not a project you would make for just anybody...why? Because it takes lots of time!! lol  However, my second cupcake took much less time then the first. They are not something I would mass produce, I will tell you that! hehe This particular cupcake was made for my friends birthday, which is today.

 Happy Birthday Hannah  
I don't think she even looks at my blog, but just in case! hehe 

Thats all for today. Don't forget I have a small blog candy going on until next June 20th. Part of the latest magnolia collection! ;-))  Click here for my  BLOG CANDY

Challenges:

Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Fairy Tale - Anything but a Card
Polka Dot - Make something hidden (gift card)
Pixie Cottage - Anything but a Card


Hugs,


34 comments:

Fiona said...

wow wow wow Tracy...this is stunning and I'm not surprised you wouldn't make this for just anybody...oh I need to have a bash at one of these but might wait til I am some time off work!!

Fi
x

martina's kaartjes said...

what a fab creation !!! lovely done, great colors,
greetings, martina
x

Bianca said...

Wow, Tracy this is fab! Looks really jummy! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

lis-m said...

Totally awesome !
thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week
Hugs xx

NancyD said...

Saw you on MIM and I am a follower.

I didn't know you could do that with ribbon. The cupcake looks amazing!

Sadilla said...

simply stunning!!
thanks for playing at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
sadia

Syderstone Creations said...

Unbelievable - what a wonderful project - I just love it - thank you so much for sharing with us all.

Maire Gamber said...

Yum! Looks real!
Hugs,
Marie

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love the design and details you added, your work is amazing! Hugs, Karen

Shirley-Anne said...

hello Tracy.What an amazing project .Stunning gift . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Jenny said...

Wow, ein tolles Werk. Die Farben, die Gestaltung total klasse.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

Sharon said...

Oh WOW, what an absolutely stunning creation and gift. I am sure Hannah is going to love this one.

PokSa said...

Wow, it looks awesome! Great. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

Clairebears said...

Wow this is amazing!
I haven't seen a cupcake like this before I need to go and google how to make one, thank you for the inspiration.

Lvoe Clairebears x

Mary J said...

YUM!!! You can send it to me if you'd like! ; )

Thanks for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh yummy, a very nice birthday box.
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
**Karla

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing!! I love how you placed the ribbon...it looks so much like real frosting. Great idea on the cherry too! I've been wanting to give this a try ever since I saw it on Tresa's blog, but I gotta find the time. I LOVE yours!! Hugs, Rosie

Anniebee said...

Ohmigosh, Tracy!!! This is absolutely fabulous!!! I thought it was a real cupcake when I first saw it. It looks so real. I want to know how you did this... are there any tutorials on it? And what did you use to make the sprinkles? They look like bugle beads maybe? You did a wonderful job on it.

Hugs,
Anne

Rose said...

Hi Tracy, I saw your cupcake on Make It Monday, wow it's gorgeous!

Rose x

Jennifer Reynard said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
Looks absolutely delicious and such and ample serving of ribbon on top!
Super job!

Sylvia said...

I love your cupcake very much. The colors wow!! Beautiful piece of art.
xxxSylvia

Rae said...

OMG! That looks like a lot of work! It turned out beautiful! I connected to your fabulous creations via Make it Monday!

Christine said...

waouhh c'est magnifique !!!!!

BIses
CHristine

Ruby said...

WOW Tracy, your cupcake is absolutely STUNNING!!! Beautiful work!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Shut Up!! OMG!! That is the coolest thing EVER!! Your ribbon pleating/loops are absolutely PERFECT!! And those little "sprinkles" you added are to die for!! Girl that is a labor of love right there!! :) AND you made a box!!!

Merry said...

This caught my eye over at Make it Monday. So glad I came to see...this is an amazing creation.

Faye said...

I also love all things cupcake and think this project is FANTASTIC. Love it, want it!! Have a great week. xxx

Tip Top said...

Totally wonderful! And so well made too!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Fliss said...

This is stunning Tracy! A really fabulous idea and such lovely colours and papers.
Thanks for taking up the Polka Doodles Secret challenge and good luck!
Fliss x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Great project, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our something secret challenge at Polkadoodles! What a brilliant project - beautifully made! Cheers Claire x

Naomi said...

WOW, Tracy, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! What a fabulous idea and your execution was perfect!

Ali said...

Looks absolutely delicious i like it......
Scratch Card Printing
Discount card printing
Plastic Cards

Annika said...

omg, so darn cute and amazingly elegant! love the cupcake and the box is so stylish!
hugs
Annika

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10